Registered Nurse Job Requirements
The Legacy RN is responsible for utilizing the nursing process (ADPIE) of assessment, nursing
diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation to assist in patient care delivery. Under
the supervision of a supervising nurse they participate in patient education and activities
commensurate with his/her education, validated competencies, and scope of practice.
• Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
• One (1) or more years clinic experience preferred
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state in which you work, or a valid
compact state nurse license
• Current CPR Certification
• Under supervision of a Supervisory Nurse or as Nurse Supervisor, assists in the assessment of
the physical, psychological and social aspects of patients.
• Assists in planning an individual treatment plan by using appropriate resources in planning
care, and consults with Supervisory Nurse(s), DON and other staff as appropriate while applying
knowledge and resources in planning care and providing patient education.
• Implements individualized treatment plans as directed by the Health Care Practitioner or
Standard Operating Procedures.
• Count controlled medications, and provide control for keys, tools, etc. based on facility need.
• Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols. Intervenes with proper safety techniques, procedures and standard
• Respond to emergencies or patient crisis per site policy and procedure.
• Implements medical plan through administering medications in accordance with Provider
orders. Administers medications according to proper techniques and procedures including IV
therapy (when certified) and all other approved routes of administration. Uses pharmacy
knowledge and available resources to include drug reaction and overdose in administration of
• Implements medical plans through obtaining diagnostic tests in accordance with Providers
orders and protocols: Obtains labs and performs EKG's using proper techniques and
procedures. Communicates information to appropriately
• Assists the Health Care Provider in medical or minor surgical procedures as necessary and/or
requested to meet individual needs of patients.
• Implement nutrition and therapeutic diet plan through proper procedures as ordered by
Health Care Provider.
• Documents nursing encounters using the SOAP charting format.
• Communicates information to nursing staff, physician, facility supervisory personnel and
other staff as necessary.
• Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
• Attends mandatory staff meetings and training as necessary.
• Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety emergent, urgent and non-
• Must be able to apply sound nursing judgment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
• Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
• Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
• Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Legacy is an EO Employer