Certified Med Tech
Certified Medication Technician Job Requirements
The Legacy Medication Technician is responsible for all aspects of medication
administration within the scope of his/her certification and under the supervision
and direction of a Registered Nurse.
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Graduate of an accredited Certified Medication Technician Course
• One (1) year related experience in a medical environment preferred
• Must be certified as a Medication Technician in the state within which services
• Must have current CPR Certification
• Preparing and administering prescribed medications to patients under the
supervision of a licensed RN, and in compliance with facility policies and
procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulations governing the
administration and documentation of medication.
• Adhering to all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and
regulation regarding the administration and documentation of narcotic
• Performing medication administration responsibilities while adhering to all
• Proper documentation of administration of medication on the Medication
Administration Record (MAR).
• Proper documentation of medications not administered on the MAR, ie. refusals
and other reasons for not being administered.
• Adhering to proper infection control techniques during the medication
administration process, including the incorporation of universal standard
precautions when indicated.
• Recognizing and adhering to the six (6) rights of medication administration.
• Participating in data collection, medication audits, and other continuous quality
improvement (CQI) activities related to medication administration.
• Reporting any adverse patient medication reactions immediately to a
• Reordering and replacing medications and medication administration supplies,
as needed, to perform routine job responsibilities.
• Ensuring the confidentiality and rights of patients, the confidentiality of the
health systems and patient information in adherence to HIPAA Regulations.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
• Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical,
emergent, urgent and non-urgent situations.
• Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and
apply knowledge to different factual situations.
• Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
• Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Legacy is an EO Employer