Certified Nursing Assistant Job Requirements
The Legacy Nurse Assistant or CNA, provides health care for clients and patients
at home, hospitals, and other facilities under the direction of a nurse.
• Complete an accredited CNA course
• One (1) or more years of clinical experience preferred
• Current certification as a Nurse Aid in the State
• Current CPR certification
• Under the supervision of a LPN, RN, PA, ARNP or MD, assists in the assessment
of vital signs, transferring and ambulating of patients.
• Consult with and is responsible to RN's and other staff as appropriate.
• Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established
policies and procedures. Intervenes with proper technique, procedures and safety
precautions to meet individual needs of patient.
• Responsible for charting vital signs, intake and output on appropriate flow
sheets and reports any changes of patient status to appropriate disciplines.
• Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies.
• Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
• Takes vital signs (temp, pulse, respirations, and blood pressure).
• Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
• Assists in maintaining working areas, supplies, and equipment in good working
• Assists patients with personal hygiene, ADL's and linen changes.
• Assists healthcare providers and other health care staff as assigned.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
• Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical,
urgent, non-urgent, and emergency situations.
• Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and
apply knowledge to different factual situations.
• Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
• Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
• Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Legacy is an EO Employer