Nurse Practitioner Job Requirements
The Legacy RN Nurse Practitioner is responsible Diagnose and treat acute, episodic, or chronic illness, independently or as part of a healthcare team. May, focus on health promotion or disease prevention. May order, perform or interpret diagnostic test such as lab work and x-rays. May, prescribe medication. Must be a registered nurse who have specialized graduate education commensurate with his/her education, validated competencies, and scope of practice.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
An advanced degree in an approved and accredited Nurse Practitioner program
Experience For Registered Nurse
• One (1) or more years clinic experience preferred
Licenses/Certifications For Registered Nurse
• Must have and maintain current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in state of hire.
• Current CPR Certification
• Prescribe medication dosage, routes, and frequencies based on patients’ characteristics such as age and gender.
• Order, perform, or interpret the results of diagnostic test as complete blood counts (CBC’s), electrocardiograms (EKG’s), and radiographs (x-rays).
• Analyze and interpret patients’ history, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
• Develop treatment plans based on scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines.
• Diagnose or treat acute health care problems such as illnesses, infections, and injuries.
• Prescribe medications based on efficacy, safety, and cost as legally authorized.
• Counsel patients about drug regimens, possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as food supplements, over-the- counter (OTC) medications, and herbal remedies.
• Recommend interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
• Detect and respond to adverse drug reactions, with attention to vulnerable populations such as infants, children, pregnant and lactating women and older adults.
• Educate patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instruction’s to patients’ individual circumstances.
• Understand Electronic Health Record, utilize to its fullest capabilities, and have record complete within policy regulations.
Legacy is an EO Employer