Sat, Jun 05|
Legacy U HCTC
Summer Hybrid Phlebotomy Course (June 5th-July 31st)
Time & Location
Jun 05, 2021, 8:00 AM – Jul 31, 2021, 2:00 PM
Legacy U HCTC, 3900 Merton Dr, Raleigh, NC 27609, USA
About the Event
The Phlebotomy Technician program at Legacy U Healthcare Consulting & Training Center is designed to teach the knowledge in technical and procedural aspects of basic phlebotomy, including collection of blood specimens and venipuncture required to become a Phlebotomy technician. The Phlebotomy Technician program includes theory and hands-on instruction. The program will teach students the concepts of Introduction to Phlebotomy & Infection Control, Legal Issues in Healthcare, Introduction to Human Anatomy & Physiology, Phlebotomy Equipment & Supplies, Phlebotomy Procedures, and Phlebotomy Fundamental Essentials. This program is designed for learner’s who want to advance their career, or interested in starting a career in the medical field to become a phlebotomy technician. This is a comprehensive 150-hour program.
Prerequisites for the Program:
1. Proof that individual is at least 18 years or older
2. High School Diploma or GED
3. The payment of registration fee and tuition.
4. Signed admissions application and signed enrollment agreement.
5. Proof of the following immunizations:
· TDAP vaccine: Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis.
· Tetanus: included in TDAP vaccine; must be current within last 10 years.
· Hepatitis B Series (or sign declination form (PDF)
· Varicella (Chicken Pox) a positive titer result or evidence of 2 vaccines.
· MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) a positive measles, mumps and rubella titer result or evidence of 2 vaccines.
· Influenza vaccine for current year.
Phlebotomy Course: $600 (includes the $75 non-refundable registration fee)
NHA Membership & Exam: $117
Background Check: $39.50 (waived)
Drug Screening: $51.00
Total Cost to Student: $872.50